Food and Beverage Manager
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
As a Food and Beverage Manager working onboard Etihad aircraft, you will be part of their Cabin Crew, who are an award winning team. In 2016 Etihad won the “Middle East’s Leading Cabin Crew” award at the World Travel Awards Middle East. Also in 2016, they were awarded the prestigious accolade of “5 Star Airline” from Skytrax for their product and service standards. In fact these awards join a long list of awards that they have won and win every year. To join them you will be the best and you will ensure that you contribute to the success of their 5 Star Airline.
You will ensure that you exceed their guests’ expectations onboard and deliver great service 100% of the time, whilst offering a unique taste of United Arab Emirates hospitality – cultured, considerate, warm and generous.
- Ensuring the safety of our guests as well as providing great service at all times.
- Being an ambassador for Etihad Airways and the United Arab Emirates whilst inspiring our guests and displaying a high degree of motivation, enthusiasm and commitment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
To become one of our onboard Food and Beverage Managers you must meet the following qualifications and criteria:
- Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent. A hospitality qualification is desirable but not mandatory.
- At least 12 months’ experience working in a leading role in 4/5 star hotel dining establishments, fine dining restaurants, cruise liners and/or banqueting
In addition you must also meet the following criteria:
- Extensive knowledge of food safety regulations and standards.
- Minimum age 21 years.
- Fluent in English; verbal, written and comprehension. Fluency in another language is an advantage.
- Must be confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
- Able to reach 210cms without shoes.
- No tattoos that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- No body piercings that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform, other than one earring in the lower lobe of each ear for females only (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- Willing to serve alcohol, including during the holy month of Ramadan.
- Never convicted of a criminal offence.
- Excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Communication skills – Advanced
- Customer Orientation – Advanced
- English Language skills – Excellent
Etihad Airways began operations in 2003, and in 2015 carried 17.4 million passengers. From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways currently serves 117 existing or announced passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and America. The airline has a fleet of 123 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, and more than 200 aircraft on firm order, including 60 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777-X, 62 Airbus A350s and 2 Airbus A380s.
Etihad Airways holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits.
For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com